Registrations now open for RAN Sea Power Conference
24 August 2011
Sea Power Centre Australia has announced that registrations for the Royal Australian Navy’s 2012 Sea Power Conference are now open.
The Conference to be held at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour from 31 January to 2 February 2012 will explore the broad theme of ‘The Naval Contribution to National Security and Prosperity’.
Captain Gordon Andrew, RAN, Director of the Sea Power Centre said that the conference is designed to look at how navies contribute, on a daily basis, to the defence and well being of their nation and its interests.
“It offers an intensely fulfilling program covering the latest in Australian and international maritime affairs, from protection of seaborne trade and conservation of ocean resources, to enforcement of maritime sovereignty and the preservation of good order at sea,” said CAPT Andrew.
Conference sessions will be presented by an impressive list of high-profile guest speakers including:
- Professor Henry Ergas, Senior Economic Adviser, Deloitte Australia and Professor of Infrastructure Economics, University of Wollongong
- Professor Geoffrey Till, Director, Corbett Centre, King's College London
- Dr Norman Friedman, International Naval Consultant and Author
- Dr Sam Tangredi, Director of San Diego Operations, Strategic Insights Inc
- Rear Admiral Rowan Moffatt, RAN, Head Future Submarine Project
- Dr Christian Bouchard, Laurentian University, Canada
- Captain Frank van Rooyen, South African Institute of International Affairs
- Captain George Galdorisi USN (Rtd), SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific
- Major General Martyn Dunne (Rtd), CNZM, NZ High Commissioner
- Admiral Maritime Datuk Mohd Amdan bin Kurish; Director General Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency
The conference is open to all Australian and foreign defence personnel free of charge. Non defence personnel can attend the three day event from $750.00. Concessions and single day tickets are available from $510.00. For more information, full event program or to register visitwww.seapowerconference.com.
The RAN Sea Power Conference is an integral part of the biennial Pacific Maritime Congress, incorporating Pacific 2012 International Maritime Exposition, conducted by Maritime Australia Limited, and Pacific 2012 International Maritime Conference, hosted by Engineers Australia, The Royal Institution of Naval Architects and the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology.
Lieutenant Emma Williams - 0467 781 239 - emma.williams [at] defence.gov.au